How about this?
- Your Realtor ® will give you a clearer picture of the current market conditions in your specific area. Bad choice to have your loan officer, friends and family pretending they are the Realtor®. Might as well just watch the news right?
- It depends on your circumstances if you are considering selling your home. Relocation to another state? Downsizing? Tragedy in the family?
- It depends on your circumstances if you are considering buying a home. Relocation to Hawaii? Benefits of ownership vs. renting? Retiring? Downsizing?
- It depends on the county, the city & the neighborhood for better market conditions to sell. Your Realtor ® will provide you with a Comparative Market Analysis for these specifics.
- It depends on the county, the city & the neighborhood for room for negotiations for the buyer. Your Realtor® can give you a breakdown of the areas that you are considering.
As of February of 2008 the Oahu Housing Market has slowed down 40% in NUMBER of sales. The Oahu Housing Market has increased in prices since last year BUT ARE NOW STABLE. The table below will show you an increase/decrease in sales and prices to give you a better idea of our market on our Island of Oahu in HONOLULU COUNTY. (These statistics DO NOT include new home sales)
MONTH, YEAR SINGLE FAMILY CONDO
February 2008 $599,000 / 163 $335,000 / 321
January 2008 $600,000 / 228 $324,000 / 324
December 2007 $610,000 / 240 $320,000 / 353
November 2007 $610,000 / 245 $315,000 / 379
October 2007 $655,000 / 265 $322,500 / 423
September 2007 $650,000 / 255 $335,000 / 414
August 2007 $650,000 / 381 $325,000 / 495
July 2007 $640,500 / 339 $335,000 / 457
June 2007 $685,000 / 338 $334,000 / 547
May 2007 $650,000 / 357 $325,000 / 543
April 2007 $665,000 / 342 $325,000 / 527
March 2007 $643,500 / 330 $321,000 / 541
February 2007 $614,500 / 272 $320,000 / 402
Stats: Yr-Yr -2.5% / -40.1% 4.7% / -20.1%
Our inventory on OAHU is still modest due to fewer homes/condos being listed on the market. For this reason it gives us a positive outlook because the inventory has NOT ballooned as in previous post-boom periods.
Just keep in mind that this too is an overall picture of our market in Honolulu County. (Which is the island of Oahu) and neighborhoods differ as well. For example, the prices for homes/condos in Mililani are stable whereas the prices in Ewa Beach have decreased a little and have a higher inventory overall. The number of Short Sales in Ewa are high whereas there are very few in Mililani. Newer, Older, Sq. Ft., Land Area and so forth are also to be considered.
IT JUST DEPENDS.
More Statistics on Neighborhoods:
Relocating to Hawaii? Ewa Gentry & Ocean Pointe Communities
Ko Olina Resort & Marina: Can't Get Any Better Than This!
Oahu, Hawaii Relocations: The Waipio Gentry Community, Oahu, Hawaii
Hawaii Relocations: The Mililani Community on Oahu, Hawaii
If you're Relocating to Hawaii (regardless if it's near future or just wanting to be proactive for the future) contact me for a Hawaii Relocation Packet or Military Relocation Hawaii Packet!
Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman, RA, e-PRO / Century 21 Liberty Homes, Mililani, Hawaii